2014 is going to be the year in which I am completely organised.
This was my one and only New Year Resolution. And I thought I was getting off to a brilliant start.
Before I left for my Christmas break I had already:
- reviewed all the writing I’d done in 2013
- made sure all my records were up to date
- backed up everything on my computer
- transferred important information into my 2014 diary
After a lovely, relaxing few days with the family I returned home and completed the preparations:
- I wrote a new goal list
- I wrote a new to do list
- I worked out a detailed timetable for the whole of January
- I decided on some deadlines later in the year to keep me on track
On New Year’s Eve, I was confidently looking forward to starting my new, efficient writing regime first thing on January 1. And I might have succeeded if I hadn’t been suddenly struck down by some unidentified but persistent bug that left me feeling ill and befuddled for the rest of the week.
So, today’s resolution is to catch up with the 5 wasted days of 2014!
Have you made any resolutions? Are you managing to keep them?
P.S. If your resolution is to make more money from your writing – or other marketable skills – you might want to take a look at this new website www.gigfreeks.com