Friday 13 February 2015

Sometimes you win when you lose


Last Christmas (that seems such a long time ago now), National Book Tokens had a puzzle on their Caboodle website where you had to solve picture clues to find hidden book titles. I enjoyed trying it, but I only managed to guess 16 or 17 of the 20 titles. 

So I was very pleasantly surprised last week to get an email from Caboodle saying that everyone who had taken part, but hadn’t qualified for the top prize, had been entered into a prize draw and I’d won a £10 book token. 

   
Some more books for my To Be Read shelf!

If you’re a book lover and you live in the UK or Ireland do have a look at Caboodle. They have regular book giveaways and competitions, all free to enter, and you can also sign up for special offers from your local bookshops.

7 comments:

Wendy Percival said...

What a nice surprise, Linda! Have you decided what to buy yet? Thanks for the tip, too, by the way. I've just signed up! ;-)

Jan Baynham said...

Enjoy spending your token, Linda. Thanks for info. about the Caboodle site. I've just registered!

Suzanne Furness said...

What a lovely surprise. One can never have too many books :)

Linda D said...

Thanks, everyone. I'll probably have a look for a how-to-do-it art book to help me with my illustration course. I've already got a pile of novels waiting to be read!

liz young said...

Well done on your win! Remind me when I'm back in England!

Patsy said...

Congratulations! (I got 2 right, I think and didn't bother entering!)

Wendy's Writing said...

What a lovely surprise. I don't think I would have done very well if I'd entered though.